When was the last time you really took a look inside your Entryway “Coat Closet”?
Take just 5 minutes to go through the closet and try these few things:
1. Do the coats still fit? If they don’t, donate it or bless a friend. (Make sure to check those pockets for money and other items that get left there only to be discovered seasons later!) Do they need to be cleaned? Stains are easier to get out if they are fresh, rather than waiting for the winter season to roll around again.
2. Get rid of broken umbrellas, gloves missing mates, and other mismatched or lonely items missing their mates.
3. Get the shoes back to the bedroom closets after doing a quick check to make sure they even fit anyone. Kids feet grow so quickly you, you could have precious space in the closet getting eaten up by ill fiting shoes
4. Sports equipment and other out of season items should be moved to the garage or other proper storage until the new season rolls around.
5. Declutter, straighten and organize. Don’t forget to take out those clothes that should be back in your regular closet along with
With just a little bit of effort and a reminder, you can keep your coat closet in tip top shape. Add a calendar reminder to clear it out each season to keep it fresh and organized.