Sometimes we think cleaning has to be scheduled and that there isn’t time to set aside a big block of time for cleaning. Try these simple tasks just 5 minutes at a time, and that bathroom will be sparkling clean all the time! 5 Minutes
- Put dirty clothes in the hamper (1 minute) Keep a hamper that has 2 sections if possible – one for lights, one for darks – for quick sorting. To make it even faster, just have one big one to toss everything in!
- Clear off the counter. (2 minutes) Put away all of the bottles, makeup, hairspray, blow dryers, curling irons, hair brushes, etc. on the counter.
- Wipe the mirror(s) and sink faucets with a Windex Wipe Alternate days with wiping down the tub edges with the wet wipes and shower door. (1 minute) Time to to get rid of all the toothpaste spit. 🙂 For extra quick cleaning, always keep a package of wet wipes on hand to quickly clean and toss! No hunting down spray bottles, paper towels or cleaning rags. Save money and head to the baby aisle for generic, unscented baby wipes for counters, dust catching tub edges and the shower door frame. Visit the cleaning section for Windex Wipes for non-streak mirrors.
- Empty the trash can. (1 minute) Line smaller bathroom trash cans with left over grocery sacks for quick removal. Keep extras inside of the can underneath the bag being used so you don’t have to hunt for more bags. Take it with you as you leave the bathroom.
With just 5 More Minutes, you could:
- Swish and swipe the toilet! (2 minutes) Keep the toilet bowl cleaner and toilet brush handy in the bathroom cupboards (get one for each bathroom so you don’t have to go hunting for it! They’re not that expensive.) Quickly squirt the bowl, let it sit a moment while you grab your baby wipes and give the water tank top a quick wipe, go around the edges, behind the lid area and down the base of the toilet. Use an extra wipe (not the one you just wiped the toilet with!) to give the floor area around the toilet a good wipe. Finish up by swishing and flushing the toilet. Make sure you dispose of the baby wipes in your trash, not the toilet, unless you buy flushable wipes (which are more expensive.)
- Freshen the Towels (1 minute) Put all of your towels (body and hand towels) in the laundry hamper and pull out fresh towels. Try to have two sets of towels – one to use, one to wash – so you always have clean towels and are not waiting on the washer to “finish” the bathroom.
- Quick Mop the Floors (2 minutes) Use a baby wipe to quickly pick up dust, hair and debris from the floor. Toss. If you still need to give it a good wipe, spritz the floor with a floor cleaner and give it a quick wipe with a wet cleaning rag. You can also keep a Swiffer and cleaning pads on hand too. Look for telescoping handles or a way to keep the Swiffer in the bathroom or nearby closet so you don’t have to go hunting for it.
Cleaning the bathroom doesn’t have to be a huge ordeal. A little quick daily maintenance and you’ll always have your sparkle on! Share your top bathroom cleaning tips in the comments below.